Facebook Pixel is a tracking code you can add to your website so that you can get a richer understanding of your customer demographics like gender, age, education levels, location and language as well as their journey across mobile and desktop devices wherever they are logged into Facebook. It also enables you to track your ad campaigns to understand the audiences you are targeting and how well your ads are performing. You can learn more about Facebook Pixel here.
To install Facebook Pixel to your BigCommerce store simply follow these steps:
- Log in to your Facebook Ads Manager and select Pixels from the top left navigation menu.
- If you already have created a Pixel simply copy the Pixel ID. If you don’t have a Pixel click the Create a Pixel button and follow the instructions. Once you have created your new Pixel copy the Pixel ID.
- Log in to your BigCommerce store dashboard.
- Click Advanced Settings in the left hand navigation menu then click Web Analytics.
- You will see a list of options. Select Facebook Pixel and click the Save button.
- Click the Facebook Pixel tab, enter your Pixel ID in the box and click the Save button.
That’s it! You’re all done.